Monday, January 26, 2009

It’s been awhile... And since it is one of those rare occasions when I do have some time to spare... I thought perhaps I should make the effort to update this neglected blog of mine... I have absolutely no idea what to write actually... I’m like having a writer's block or something... Not quite sure where my train of random thoughts is heading to... Oh well... I think it is best that I pause here for a bit and grab my ribena from the fridge... (Yea ribena has somehow become my preferred choice of beverage these days...) Then probably I’ll be lucky enough to have some inkling of inspiration to continue with this blog entry...

Ok I am back... I just heard my neighbour's cute kid greeting someone with a super loud "xin nian kwai ler" at the top of her little lungs... Yup its the first day of the Chinese new ox year... And it doesn’t feel like a Monday, which is a fantastic thing as I do share the same sentiment as Garfield... Only because my timetable on Mondays is one of the heaviest... Urgh.

So how is my own new year coming along... I have to say 2009 started off rather well on a positive note, as 1st January was ushered in a different way this time with very special company... To be frank, I was a little overwhelmed at first, hehe... Overwhelmed in a good way of course, my deepest gratitude for the extremely kind & generous hospitality... :-)

And the new year brings me to a brand new workplace... It is said the pasture is greener on the other side... It is still too early for me to comment on anything... As it is, I have been given the trust to take on a few more added responsibilities.. It is definitely not as easy or glamorous as many others had perceived it to be... There is much major stuff which needs to be addressed & attended to in order to get things back in shape... To be honest, I was kind of bowled over when I realized the tonnes of work I have to do... I am clocking a 12-hour shift almost everyday of the week... I just hope that I won’t get burned-out anytime soon... Unfortunately there is the nagging presence of some ‘annoying’ issues which didn’t help to ease the situation at all... Just the thought of it irritates me like crazy and really makes my blood boil... Sheesh. But looking on the bright side, Alhamdullillah everything else seems to be going along pretty fine... I have all the necessary superior support that I need and I am quite grateful for that.... Plus, it is nearer to home...

And that is why I am now a cyclist... Hehe... I cycle to & from school everyday on my uber cool & chic shiny pink bicycle, which had been lovingly named as ‘Polly’... I’m not exactly an exercise buff for that matter, so this whole cycling idea does help me to do minimal workout for at least 10-15mins, twice daily... In my high heels yes... Heh...

Hmmm what else... Oh ya, Cupcake Chicas is progressing super well... Alhamdullillah... February will be an extremely busy month for us, we have wedding cupcake orders for all 4 weekends... Woo hoo ;-) And there are some more orders coming in for the next few months... I should really do some serious updating of our website... But I haven’t had the chance to get it done properly, all thanks to my super hectic schedule (school work, CCA, remedials, tuitions & family chauffeuring duties) and my lack of knowledge in designing funky web pages... I think I shall go borrow some books from the library and try to squeeze in whatever little time I have to read up on that...

Ok my phone’s ringing... Muchacho is calling me... *goofy grin* Till next time... Ciao....

No comments: